Coconut oil is good for just about everything in your house! You can use it in your kitchen, bathroom, and for beauty purposes. Coconut oil is good for treating eczema, psoriasis, softens skin, relieves dryness, flaking, wrinkles, saggy skin, and age spots. Coconut lotion oil bars are easy to make and easy to keep around the house.
Uses for lotion bars:
-Soften and protect dry skin
-Prevents stretch marks during pregnancy
-Soothe diaper rash
-Soothes rashes, eczema, or psoriasis
-Prevent dry skin after shaving
Coconut Lotion Oil Bars
-1 cup coconut oil
-1 cup shea butter or cocoa butter
-4/3 cup of Beeswax Pastilles
-2 teaspoons of vitamin E oil (optional)
-Essential oils for scent (optional)
1. Combine ingredients in a 2 quart sizes or large glass jar.
2. Fill medium sized saucepan with a couple inches of water and place over medium heat
3. Bring the water to a simmer and stir the contents of the jar until they are completely melted. (about 10 minutes)
4. Quickly pour mixture into molds
5. Leave for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Lotion bars are to be used for dry skin in place of regular lotion. Apply the bar to skin like you would use soap, but there is no need to wash it off. The heat of the skin will melts a little bit of the bar so it will transfer to the skin and absorb in about 3-5 minutes.
Scroll down to see Next Page