If for some reason you cannot get ahold of any penicillin and you need it, you can make your own. This is especially great for those living in poverty.
You know that nasty green mold that develops on oranges and bread when you leave it sitting? That is actually called Penicillium and it can be used to fight infections. While I don’t suggest using it for severe infections if you have a minor issue this is something you could benefit from. Find out how to use/make this below.
- Ziploc bag
- Place the bread into the Ziploc bag.
- Let this sit until spores begin forming.
- When they begin forming break the bread up into smaller pieces.
- Add a bit of moisture to the bag, a light misting will do the trick.
- Monitor the mold growth and do not remove until the majority of the mold has turned green.