The key for sucesss is getting perfecting in the proper planking position. One article in Physical Living, writes :
1. Your arms must be positioned correctly and your elbows set directly under the shoulders for proper weight distribution.
2. The spine remains straight(don’t round out the spine ).
3. Tighten the core to benefit from the exercise.
4. Keep your legs slightly spread without adding pressure to the hip area. Adjust the distance between your feet as you need it.
5. Breath slowly and deliberate so that your core is fully engaged and your body is relaxed.
If you are wondering why The Planking Challenge makes for such is a good workout plan for you then read more . Even though it seems like it’s too simple to be a full body workout,here is what planking does for the body:
1. Tones the stomach- planking uses the core to stabilize the body and carry out the physical demands to stay in planking position. The abdominal muscles are engaged during this workout. ,so this muscles tone and tighten .
2 Promotes good posture- abs are very important for maintaining in a good posture, planking are also great for balance and stability. Over time, you’ll stand up straight and achieve a broader range of movement.
3. Increases Flexibility- an article published by Mercola says that flexibility is improve during constant work of the back and shoulder muscles in the plank position. The shoulder blades will stretch and give a better range of motion.
Here we have a video that shows a total breakdown of how to do a proper plank.